The EIERA, in cooperation with the Missouri Department of Economic Development (DED), issues private activity bonds to provide funding for certain Missouri facilities. Private activity bonds issued by the EIERA are tax-exempt securities issued on behalf of a private company or not for profit entity for qualifying environmental, pollution prevention or energy related projects. Private activity bonds are repaid solely by the entity for which the EIERA issues the bonds. The EIERA is not liable for repayment of the principal or interest due on the bonds.
Since 1973, approximately $2.8 Billion in debt has been issued on behalf of private entities to 30 entities in almost 60 separate financings.
Financing may be structured many ways including short term notes, intermediate or long term bonds and fixed or variable rates.
- Eligibility Guidelines & Application
- Eligibility Rules & Regulations
- Tax-Exempt Financing Compliance Procedure (EIERA)
- Private activity bond factsheet (Missouri Department of Economic Development)
- Tax-exempt private activity bonds compliance guide (Internal Revenue Service)